CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Becky's Milk Carton Containers


It's my dear friend Gerrie's Birthday and I love making her little things 'cause she loves and appreciates getting them. So, since I've been wanting to make Becky's Milk Carton Containers for quite some time it seemed the perfect little gift for Gerrie.
This is an all Stampin' Up! project including the ribbon...don't recognize it? Well, I didn't have any Elegant Eggplant ribbon of any size to match the project but I did have twill, and an Elegant Eggplant Classic Reinker so, I thought I'd try and dye some. I mixed about 10 drops of reinker with some tap water in a little plastic container, added the twill and stirred it around for a few minutes, making sure the entire surface had absorbed color. I blotted in on paper towel then heat set it with a dry iron. If you do this remember to sandwich the ribbon in some sort of press cloth, I used an old piece of flannel. I think it looks great! I filled the little containers with some fun little things ... but that's a secret!

1 comment: